Saturday, March 24, 2012

Small Things


"be faithful in the small things..
because it is in them that our strength lies".
WOW!
well..as i have stated before, i have 'patience' issues.
i want things to happen yesterday. literally.
it's a frustrating way to be.
because you are always impatiently waiting. searching.
but this, i am working on.
isn't that what faith is?
believing in things we cannot see. cannot grasp.
learning to appreciate the small things that are happening right before our eyes. the small things that are slowly adding up to the bigger picture.
one of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11.
"for I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
i love this promise.
but i know i need to have a little more faith in the actual words.
what He is actually promising me.



small things..
like being able to see things that others cannot.
like selling 8 of my photo greeting cards.
like the opportunity to meet other amazing photographers in Phili tomorrow.
like the equipment and gear i have been blessed with.
like the support and love of my family.
like the encouragement of a new, loving friend.

but most important..
the promises i have been given from above.

today..
search for the small things that are your strength!

blessings!
shay

2 comments:

  1. So true Shay! I can totally relate to the "impatience" trait, just ask my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience...what is that? I too, struggle with patience.

    ReplyDelete