Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 6, 2011

My mother loves 'Queen Anne's Lace'.

As I was driving home from work this morning, I noticed for the first time this summer it is growing in abundance right now. I am loving that part of this 31 shots in 31 days project.
It makes me more aware, draws my eye to little things that we normally zoom by everyday unnoticed.

So I veered off my normal path and took the back roads home, looking for a large patch of them.

Some stages of the flower looked like little bird nests to me, I think they made me smile more than the lacy flower. After a little research I found out that the fruit of the flower is the part that looks like a nest and is sometimes call the 'Bird's Nest Weed'.

Photographing these little lacy flowers this morning brought me great joy, but also sadness. I miss my mother terribly. She is one of my best friends. We finish each others thoughts. We love the same things. When we are together, creative ideas just bounce off of us. ~Love you mama~
Blessings!
Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment