Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 16, 2011

So, I am frantically getting ready to leave for Maine in the morning. (Packing up the teenagers can be oh so fun!) So excited, as I have never been further north than PA and I will be seeing my beautiful daughter again. Haven't had much time in the last few days to take pictures everyday, and it's been raining. So, I guess I'm changing up my rules a little bit and using photos that have been tucked away in my computer. It's been interesting searching for some. I'd forgotten that I had some great photos hiding away that need to be seen. So today is a photo from last fall, altered a bit with photo shop. It spoke to me. Made me think 'Bountiful Blessings!'.
I can't even begin to list the blessings that God bestows upon me everyday. I know I should stop, pause, look around and appreciate. Offer thanks more often. On this new journey of mine, I pray to learn to stop seeing and focusing on the negative, of what I don't have, what I think I need. And be more aware of what is right here in front of me. After all, when we leave this earth, we will be taking none of this with us.
So how important is that worldly item you think you can't live without? The only thing you can't live without is God.
Food for today's thought!
Blessings!
Shay

P.S. I won't have access to blog for a few days. Have to admit I am really going to miss it. But will be back the first of next week with stories and blessings from Maine!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. "I can't even begin to list the blessings that God bestows upon me everyday. I know I should stop, pause, look around and appreciate. Offer thanks more often. On this new journey of mine, I pray to learn to stop seeing and focusing on the negative, of what I don't have, what I think I need. And be more aware of what is right here in front of me. After all, when we leave this earth, we will be taking none of this with us." - Beautiful!! Thank you.

    Beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete