Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Psalm 55: 5-8 and my little cabin...


"Who will give me wings," I ask-
"wings like a dove?"
Get me out of here on dove wings;
I want some peace and quiet.
I want a walk in the country,
I want a cabin in the woods.
I'm desperate for a change from rage and stormy weather."
Psalm 55: 5-8

i feel like this often. maybe not flying on dove wings per say, but just getting in my car and driving off, destination unknown. i see myself in a cabin, surrounded by beautiful countryside. maybe even snowed in. wood stove keeping me warm. reading my Bible as i rock in an old antique rocker. knitting. fresh bread baking in a little oven and homemade soup simmering on the stove. this is the place i want to grow old. the place that i long for. away from the rage and storms in this world. a peaceful place. where i will be content just living surrounded by God's beauty and love. where my children and childrens' children will visit. where i will grow old next to the man that i love. just us.
this little cabin in the woods is visiting my dreams, even my wakeful moments frequently lately. it is in my heart. i am on a mission to find it. it's there, waiting for me. calling me.
so i pray for it. hope for it. patiently wait for it.
He knows my hearts desires.

blessings!
shay



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful image of your heart's desires! Beautiful photos:)

    ReplyDelete