Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tiny Blessings


sometimes when i feel like everything is falling apart, crumbling at my feet, i am blessed with these tiny little blessings to keep me moving forward. God's way of telling me, 'keep going child there is SO much more in store for you'. like my boys making honor roll and having a year beyond years with growth, maturity, love and focus. or...that one person giving you good news about something that will begin your dream (more on that when it's time). or even those little moments spent with my hubby that make me feel blessed beyond measure that i have him in my life.
these are the moments i have to hang on to.
as time goes by, i learn to overlook the dishes and the dust. there are things that are SO much more important. when i stand at heaven's door, knocking to go in, it will not matter if my dishes were always done or not a speck of dust could be found in my home. what will matter is that i raised loving, God fearing children, that i pursued the dreams and gifts God placed in my heart as i spread His glory to others and that i was a loving, supportive wife to my soul mate.
those are the things that matter.
so i pray, i may always see and notice the tiny blessings that are right in front of me..after all, they are really the BIG blessings!

shay

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Shay, your words always touch me!! What better purpose do we have here than to be the best wife, mother, daughter, friend that we can be? He has such big plans for us, and yes, all the things you listed are what matter! Being able to see each blessing is a blessing in itself. It is the gift of gratitude. :) I so wish we lived closer to each other, I'd love to be able to get to know you better.
    <3 Heather (your slightly older cousin!)

    ReplyDelete