Thursday, December 27, 2012


i remember how hard it was to be 18. so many expectations from the adults around me. to find myself. to make life decisions. to transform from child to adult in a matter of moments. it was a painful time for me. looking back now, i know i made some horrible choices. but i also know i learned from them. became wiser.

now, i am watching my first son go through this transition in his life. and my heart aches for him. the 'mom' in me, wanting to fix it and make it all better for him. 

he is struggling with 'who am i?'
'what am i supposed to be?'
he is experiencing life and making choices.
some that he is regretting. some he is not.

all i can do is be a 'constant' for him.
give advice, whether he wants to hear it or not.
hug him. tell him i love him no matter what.

be there. for him.
always.
stay in constant prayer that he will continue to seek God's will in his life and stay on the path that was formed before he was even born into this world.

Cole..
this time will pass.
you will come out stronger.
you will come out a 'man'.
love you to the moon and back and more than all the stars in the sky!





No comments:

Post a Comment